What should I bring with me if I would like to view one of your apartments?
– Please bring a photo ID with you. We require that you fill out a rental application before you view any apartments.
What methods of payment do you accept?
– You may pay your rent with a personal check or money order. We do not accept credit cards or cash.
When is rent due?
– All rents are due and payable on the 1st of each month, and is considered late after the 3rd of the month. You may bring your rent to us in person, mail, or drop your rent off in the after hours drop location.
Do I need renter’s insurance?
– This is a personal preference. Renter’s insurance is affordable and will provide you with an extra sense of security. Residents or guest’s personal property and vehicles are not insured under the apartment lease agreement. We strongly recommend that residents purchase insurance against loss or damage due to fire, flood, theft, vandalism, rain, water, or criminal negligent acts of others or any other cause.
How do I make a service call for maintenance to my apartment or rental home?
– You may call our office at 504-834-2440 to make a service request.
What is considered an after-hours emergency?
– Please contact our emergency message line for electrical failure, fire, and serious water leaks, or there is any other condition which affects life, safety or is necessary to preserve the condition of the apartment.
– Air conditioning problems can only be handled during daylight hours and during the business week.
– Electrical outage may be considered an emergency ONLY if there is no electricity throughout the unit. Make sure you have checked all circuit breakers by flipping them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position.
– What if my toilet is stopped up?
Please make every effort, including plunging, to clear the stoppage yourself. In any case, turn off the valve behind the toilet, shut the lid and clean up any mess. Due to health issues Angele Apartments representatives will generally not begin work until the area is cleaned up and essentially free of bacterial contaminants.
For the best response when you call the after-hours emergency service, please leave a message with:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Apartment Number
- Telephone Number
- Description of problem
Rental Application FAQs
Click here for a downloadable rental application.
Our rental standards are as follows:
- Non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin is the policy of Angele Apartments;
- Minimum monthly salary must be three times the amount of the rent;
- Angele Apartments complies with state and federal Fair Housing laws governing the use of prospective tenants’ crimianl histories. Depending upon factors including the nature, severity and date of the criminal record, Angele Apartments reserves the right to deny any applicant on the basis of one or more criminal conviction, guilty plea, no contest plea, and/or deffered adjudication;
- Stable and current employment history, or self employed;
- All information on the application must be fully completed without falsifications, errors or omissions;
- As proof of identity, applicants must present a valid U.S. driver’s license, passport, or U.S. government-issued I.D.;
- Applicants with prior evictions will not be accepted;
- Applicants must pass a basic credit check; and
- Maximum occupancy is 2 adults and 1 minor per bedroom.
Click here for a downloadable list of the rental standards.